Sunday, November 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend was one of Mom and my last ones up at college. Between the holidays and trips home, we really won't have anymore chances to explore the area before moving out so we tried to make the most of it.

First we headed into the city. We went over the pedestrian bridge and into the park where Mom insisted on picture taking. Because I am so cute, I obliged.





After that we went back into the city and explored. I don't know where Mom got all her energy from, but I was not having any of that. We did a few blocks and then I gave Mom "the look" letting her know I was tired and ready to go back to the car. I better find a lazy partner in the future, I can't handle all this activity every day!

I was still pretty tired the next day when we went to visit Yara. I basically ignored all her play bows and happily chewed on her bone. Did I mention Yara has the best bones?!?! After "playtime" (I'm not really sure you can call it that anymore...) we went to the park. We played in the water for a bit and got really muddy. Mom and Yara's mom decided this constituted a pit stop at our apartment for a bath. Luckily, I wasn't that dirty so I just got hosed down. Poor Yara had to get the whole rinse-lather-repeat routine since she has all that fur! We both managed to survive the ordeal, though. I even managed a little playtime before Yara left.


When she did leave, I was ticked to see everyone leave without me! Mom has been trying to get me used to staying home alone without being in my kennel, so she figured I could handle the twenty minutes it would take to drop Yara and her mom off. I did just fine (of course!), but I would have rather taken a ride.

0 comments: