Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Catch Up Post

Well finals are nearing for Mom and that means she hogs all the computer time these days. This weekend is the "calm before the storm" as Mom likes to call it, so I decided to get in some blogging time while I still can.

Spring Break ended before we knew it and we headed back up to school. Mom had to bring Grandpa to the airport, so I rode along. Afterwards we went to the park, but it was pretty windy and I wasn't too into playing, so we left after a few minutes. We had puppy class that night and I was pretty good. We worked on our commands and playing with other dogs. Nothing too out of the ordinary, really. Then we went out to dinner where I collapsed under the table for the whole meal. I'm pretty sure no one even noticed me, except they may have heard my snoring...After Mom shook me awake she dragged me along shopping. I was really good there because I was so tired. Then we headed home where I didn't move until my final potty run.

The rest of the week was boring. We went for a long walk, which was fun. Then we went to this really cool place! I was sitting in the car taking a nap when all of a sudden it got dark. I sat up to look and water started shooting at the car. Then these huge brushes came and rubbed Mom's car! It was so awesome. When we got back home the car was nice and shiny. I secretly think it would be fun to run through that place myself ;)

That weekend we went to Grandma and Grandpa's AGAIN! I love going there to see Josette, but that car ride gets old. Mom and I went to visit my mommy-Pandora and Uncle Farrell. She had to walk them while their mom was out for the day. She made me stay in their crate while they went for a walk. I was NOT happy! But when she came back we went shopping for a few hours, so that was fun. I went into the dressing room with Mom and peeked in at the lady next door-good thing she likes dogs! Mom kept a close eye on me after that! Since it was pretty hot Mom got a drink and gave me the ice cubes from it. That made me pretty happy :)

When we got home we had a birthday party for Irie. Her birthday was on Tuesday, but since we would be at school we celebrated early. Mom gave us some doggie ice cream, but only in exchange for taking lots of pictures first. But we did get a new toy to play with too, so I guess it was worth it!






When we got home on Sunday there was a HUGE package waiting for Mom. I smelled it and I could smell some dogs on it. It was from our Lab Board Secret Pal. I got some squeaky tennis balls and a lot of treats (apparently I'm supposed to share with Irie and Josette...like that's going to happen!).


This week has been pretty good so far. Our weekly shopping trip on Tuesday followed by a special puppy class on Thursday. I helped new raisers learn the hand signals for our commands. Mom said I was a little crazy, but I just say I was excited to learn! Yesterday I finally got to go to school with Mom! I still had to spend class time in my crate, but she took me to a group meeting in the afternoon. I said hello to the group and then went to sleep while they did all the hard work.

Today has been so hot! Mom and I slept in late with the AC on full blast and then we went to the mall to beat the heat. I was a really good girl for Mom, so we went out to eat. We went to Friendly's but let me tell you, they did not live up to their name. I did all the hard work and they give Mom the ice cream! Whatever!

If you don't see me around, it's because we are just too busy to blog. I'll be sure to update soon, though. There are some exciting things coming up!

3 comments:

Hobbes Dogs said...

Tell your mom good luck with her exams Fay - we'll look forward to your return to the blog when she's done!

Anonymous said...

Aww, you're smiling in that second pic, Baby Fay. So cute.

Glad you're having fun. We'll see you soon! :)

Emily and Joel said...

Hi Fay,
I think I've seen your mom on the GEB site. Do you know if she was one of the scholorship winners? If she was, that's very cool. You should be proud that you have such a great mom.
PS-I love your bath-time pictures!