Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter Break is coming to an end...

Well, we are down to our final week of break before it's back to the daily grind that school brings. Last week was a pretty great week for me. On Monday, Mom and I went for a walk through town. I was such a good girl so Mom rewarded me with a trip to the pet store. Everyone commented on how cute I am, and Mom bought lots of treats. I made out like a bandit!

The rest of the week was spent mostly at home, or taking short walks. I got in some high-quality playtime with Indiana and Irie, which is always a blast. Mom has also been making me go in my crate more since I tend to have to spend time there while Mom is at school. I really do not enjoy it when she puts me in there without a frozen Kong or something. I mean, come on Mom, just because you toss an empty bone in there doesn't mean I will be occupied. I NEED that frozen kibbly goodness that is a Kong! So her plan is an hour every day, as well as back to sleeping in the crate. I know I'm just a baby still, but I was sleeping loose because I am such a good girl. No more of that for me, I guess :(

On Friday I had my first puppy class of winter break. Because of weather and my vacation I missed the other ones, but this one was well worth the wait. We went into this room and there were 4 other dogs there. I was so excited I just barked, and barked, oh and did I mention that I barked? Mom was not too pleased, but once we started working, I was quiet again. We practiced having to leave play with another dog for cookies (for cookies, I can handle that!) and settling. Then we went out into the hall and played Leap Dog. We all walked on a loose leash to our cone and then the first dog had to walk to the last cone (on a loose leash of course). Then, we all got put into a down-stay and our humans moved down a cone and called us. The teacher said I am very good at that, but I have to come closer to Mom. Guess what that means? Mom has to lure again with cookies. Yay! After this game we all went back into the room for playtime. I was the best keep-awayer there!

On Saturday Mom and I got up and going pretty early. First we stopped at the pet store again. She bought food, but it wasn't mine or Irie's or Indiana's. I was wondering what she was going to do with that bag, but I didn't think too much because I was happy to be there again. Do you know how good it smells in there???? Then we took a nice long ride and pulled into a driveway. Mom left me in the car, but I could hear dogs barking. Finally she came out and guess what she had?!?!


That's right! Mom got me my very own shepherd! I told her how much I loved them and she went and got me one. She is the best mom ever! Her name is Josette and she is super fun to play with. We have been having a blast together. Only problem is her and Irie get to sleep in bed with Mom every night and I get stuck in the crate. I just don't get it! I'm the good one and I get the short end of the stick. Hmph! Anyway, here are some pictures of us in the snow together.



8 comments:

Coreena said...

Josette is home!?!

Fay said...

Yep :) She was released medically.

Madison said...

Who is Josette??

Natalie said...

Welcome home Josette!!

Ally and Eclipse said...

Yay for Josette being home!! I know how much you loved her while she was with you and I'm so happy for you and her! Although, bummer about the medical release!

MK said...

Awww, you got her back!?

I want to hear all about this! I'm so happy for you and she looks great, even if she had a medical release. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay! :)

Lisa and pups said...

WOW, your mom is so cool. I keep begging my mom for a GSD, but she's keeps ignoring me.