Mom and I finally made it back home this week. I forgot how much I missed my toys and my bed! I do miss Indiana, Irie, and Josette though.
Last week I made a new friend named Ellen. She is the same age as me and she LOVES to play just like me! We tugged so hard I lost another tooth! I hope we get to play again soon!
This week started with a puppy class. It was a very busy one! First we came in and worked on close until everyone arrived. When everyone was there, we worked on obedience, mainly stay. After that us dogs switched raisers. I was not happy about that! I kept looking at Mom having a blast with Destiny and wishing I was with her. I had a pretty cool lady, though. She had really good treats and told me what a good girl I was when I listened to her. I guess switching wasn't that bad, but I was happy to get back to Mom after practicing walking on a loose leash a few times. After we went back to our raisers, we did an obstacle course, girls vs boys-Destiny and me vs Tracer and Chad. First our raisers had to sit in a chair and us pups would do a close. After that our raisers stood up and us pups did a heel and walked on a loose leash up to a tunnel made of chairs. We had to back up all the way through the tunnel and then do another heel so we could walk up to two people holding a pole in front of us. We had to sit-stay while our raisers walked to the other side and then called us. Destiny went first, doing a wonderful job, and then I went. Mom said I was pretty much perfect. She thinks it was because I was tired from Winter Break but I say it is just because I am so wonderful! Us girls won big time! Our moms got candy, but we got nothing. Jeeze, we did all the work and they get all the rewards. Oh wait, Mom did give me some tasty treats along the way, but still I could use some candy!
To end class we practiced getting dressed up. This may seem silly, but we need to get used to things being on our body for when we are real live guide dogs. I was not happy with my ensemble-it did not match at all and the color just washed me out. Mom said next time she will bring something more stylish for me.
Tuesday was a big day apparently. Mom was watching some guy on TV, so I decided to join in. I watched for a bit, but there weren't any dogs on there, so I didn't last long...
After that they left me in my crate FOREVER! OK, it was really only a couple of hours, but good thing I had my Kong. Mom would have been on my bad list if she didn't give me one...
We've been working on more commands this week since they are homework for the next puppy class. I have to learn how to give Mom my feet so she can put things on them like socks or to clip my nails. So far I can do my two front ones, but we have to get the back ones too. I guess Mom will have to add to my video when I finish all of my commands.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Back Home
Posted by Fay at 9:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How great, Fay! You're growing up so much!!!
Post a Comment