Friday, September 11, 2009

Walk and Talks

Walk and Talks went much better this time around. Mom made sure I was good and tired so that I would be on my best behavior. We left early so that we could park far away and walk to get my crazies out (whatever that means...), but it started raining when we parked so we just sat in the car until it was time for our turn.

First I sat in the crate for a while and listened to the people talk. My pal, McKenzie, was there so we whined at each other to entertain ourselves. Mom did not like that-apparently it's rude to interrupt people. After all that business they broke out the camera and we started with some obedience inside. I did very well, although I do jump the gun on "over" quite a bit. I can't help it-it's my favorite command!!!

Next we went outside. It was still raining and I hate rain, so I pouted for most of it. We worked on some scary stairs for a bit. Mom told me to do them and I just looked at her, "Those things are crazy! Are you sure you want your precious princess puppy to do those???" But she was serious so up and down we went. As long as Mom says they are safe, I believe her. Sure enough we were fine-I didn't even break a nail!

We started walking back and Bessie asked Mom to see if I would walk through a puddle. Ummm, excuse me! I am Princess Fay, I don't do puddles! But again, Mom said so and through the puddle I went. Notice how I didn't say we? Mom hopped over it at the last minute-so unfair! Now my toes were cold and wet-gross!

After the puddle incident, I went to Kate for the rest of the walk back inside. I kept looking for Mom, but she was too busy gabbing with Bessie. Kate had some yummy cookies so I gave up after a bit. Then, John the Camera Man threw this bag of noise at me! Again, how rude! I just gave him a dirty look and kept walking. I'm sure he got the message!

Back inside we did some more obedience, crate time, and human talking. Before I knew it we were headed home. Mom was very proud of me and gave me a handful of cookies back at the car. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the weekend for playtime-the best reward of all!

0 comments: