Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!!

That's right folks, it's my birthday! Mom cannot believe it (nor can anyone else since I am such a little gal!), but here we are. It's hard to think that last year at this time I was a hairy little sweet potato nursing on my mom and now I am a big girl who has conquered every challenge Mom can throw at me. True to my nature, we had a celebration week, rather than just one day. It started with a short road trip to a park. We first had a nice picnic lunch ( I got to hang out under the table-Happy Birthday to me!), then learned a little about the park we were in. After that we walked a ways and came upon a river! Mom got out the long line and I knew that meant one thing-swimming! I had a blast fetching as many sticks as Mom could find and scooting my little butt off when I got on land. I slept really well that night!









The next day we went to pick out my birthday present. I ended up going with a new style Nylabone, which Mom insists on making me wait for! And for the weekend we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's. Mom had to stop to get her car fixed on the way home, so we took a long walk around town. And when I say long, I mean LONG! Mom noticed I was getting a little hot so we decided to stop at the local pet store where she knew they'd have a water bowl outside. I wasn't too thirsty at that point, but Mom was so we went and grabbed an iced coffee and chilled at a table outside. There were a lot of other people and dogs there, but I surprised Mom and ignored them (I am an adult now!). This one little girl asked politely to pet me, so Mom let her. I just laid there and soaked in the love. She offered me some of her soda but Mom declined. Um, excuse me, I think she was talking to me, Mom!

On Saturday Irie and I got to go swimming. This was a new spot so it took us a while to find it, but we didn't mind the extra walking. Irie got to be off leash, but I'm not allowed. Mom did attach Irie's long leash to mine so I had a super long leash, which was nice. Afterwards we stopped at the feed store to buy food for the big dogs and they were having a big sale! Mom stocked up on a bunch of treats for me-Yum! When we got home Grandma filled up the baby pool so we all got to cool down. I think she had ulterior motives though because that delicious pond smell was gone after some time in the pool...

Tonight there happens to be a puppy class so we will have a big celebration complete with the cookies Mom has been baking! I will post more on that when we get home!

7 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Happy birthday, baby Fay! You have such a sweet face--and you're such a great swimmer!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Wow! I don't believe you are one already either! It seems like just yesterday that you were born and we were all guessing your name!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday Fay!!! You have the same birthday as my little boy Fielder :) Yay! Sounds like you had a fantastic day!

Hobbes Dogs said...

Happy Birthday Fay! I can't believe that you are already a year either. I remember looking at your baby pictures and trying to guess which puppy your mom would get.

Lisa and pups said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Fay!!!

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!