So I was lucky enough to have puppy class on my birthday, so we did something special to celebrate. Mom and I went early and soon Stanton and Oasis showed up to play. It was pretty hot so we only ran a little, then we played in Stanton's water bowl.
Then, the little guys showed up and Mom put me in a crate. That's right, in a crate on MY birthday! I was not happy and made sure I told Mom so, but she just ignored me. I must have been in there forever when she finally took me out and said it was my turn for puppy class. I am in the big dog class now so we played a bunch of difficult games. Mom made me wear my stupid birthday hat, but everyone oooohed and ahhhed over me, so I guess it wasn't too awful. First we worked on obedience, then some people greetings. Then, we played two games-recall race and hot potato. For the race we broke into two teams (black dogs vs. yellow). Then we all went into a sit-stay at one side of the room while our humans went to the other and called us. Whoever made it to their person first won. I won the first heat, but then lost the second when I got distracted by a kibble on the floor. In hot potato the humans sat in a circle of chairs with us pups laying down next to them. They had to pass a tennis ball around until the teacher said stop and whoever had the ball was out. It came down to Mom and me and Blanche and her mom. Mom held onto the ball a little too long so we got second place. We also lined up for a group picture at some point. Our reward for all of this work? Mom made the pups and humans some delicious cookies-peanut butter for the dogs, sugar for the humans.


Wednesday, August 12, 2009
My Birthday Puppy Class
Posted by Fay at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy birthday! Those sound like some really fun games!
Cool! What great games! We'll have to try them at our classes!
Fay looks so cute and happy in her pink lei and birthday hat!
Post a Comment