Saturday, May 16, 2009

My First Road Trip!

Mom's alarm went off super early yesterday morning. What's that all about? I thought this was summer vacation??? Then, SHE PUT ME IN MY CRATE!!! Again, this is summer-that should mean no crates, right? Wrong! Before I knew it she was back and guess who was with her?!?! YARA!!! I was so excited and the playing commenced almost immediately. I could tell Mom was getting ready to leave the apartment since she was packing, but I was too busy to ask where we were headed this time.


Later in the afternoon Mom shoved Yara and I in the back of the car and we headed back to Yara's house. I thought we were just dropping her off, but Yara's mom got in the car and we started driving again. Cool, my very first road trip! It was pretty boring seeing as Yara wouldn't play with me, but lucky for me Mom's car has these cool knob things that make great chew toys. Somehow I don't think Mom appreciated that, but it kept me quiet!

When we finally got out, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. There were shepherds everywhere! Big ones, small ones, furry ones, black and tan ones-basically any type of shepherd you can imagine I saw. It was awesome. When we walked in I was treated like a little celebrity. Everyone commented on what a little cutie I am, and I just worked the crowd. It was awesome. Mom dragged me away from my adoring fans to get her room and then we all headed up there in an elevator with quite possibly the most gorgeous dog I have ever met. I was in LOVE!!! When we got to Mom's room Yara and I restarted our wrestling match from the morning. We had a blast playing keep away and at one point we both ended up in my little travel crate. Now that was a sight!


I had some dinner after a while and then we went out to relieve ourselves. After that Mom stuck me in my crate and left. That crate is none too sturdy and is no match for the Fay Beast so when Mom came to check on me during dinner she found me on the other side of the room and upside down. And she wonders why I was barking!!!

The next morning Mom and I headed downstairs for breakfast. The awesome waitress offered me some sausage but Mom shot her down faster than I could have scarfed the link. Moms ruin everything! We loaded up the car and headed out. When I got out of the car this time I was again surrounded by shepherds. We found Yara and her crew and joined in on the Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation's Walkathon. I was very well behaved and again somewhat of a celebrity, although there were much more other dogs there today.




After we did our loop we got into the car and headed to the school. I didn't get to go inside, but Mom wasn't gone for long. We went and had lunch where I proceeded to pass out on the floor and take a well-deserved nap. Before I knew it we had to head home to Grandma and Grandpa's. Mom gave me a stuffed Kong to avoid anymore "damage" as she likes to call it and I slept the rest of the trip.

I had a great time meeting all of my new pals this weekend. Mom always says guide dog schools are like colleges, man I wish Fidelco would accept my application. I love me some German Shepherds :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so glad you and your mom could come along with us for part of the trip, Fay. We all had such a great time!

- Yara