Monday, May 11, 2009

Puppy Class

Monday, April 27-

Today Mom and I had puppy class. This week's "theme" was cleaning, so us pups had to show our self-control when it came to everyday cleaning routines. Mom and I started at the bed making station (yeah, like Mom makes her bed!). I had to do a down stay while Mom made the bed. Then we had to move to the sweeping and dusting station. This one was hard for me because I LOVE to chase the broom. This time Mom had me in a down stay and treated me while the class helper pushed the broom. Then I was really good-I am a Lab, I will work very well for food!

The next station was the laundry station. Again, I had to do a down stay while Mom folded the laundry. And the last station was cleaning up the dog toys. This was the toughest one yet! I had to do a down stay while Mom tossed all kinds of cool toys into a basket. I did very well with that, completely surprising Mom, and earning myself lots of cookies :)

After that we had to switch handlers. I went to Stanton's mom, who I LOVE!!! She is so nice and has yummy treats. I was very excited! We did the stations again with our new handlers. I was an angel-except when it came to that broom ;) Then we switched back to our own Moms for "Get Dressed" practice. We all brought different things to use and share. I had an adorable hot pink lei that I was totally working, but something tells me the boys didn't appreciate having to wear that. I had to Get Dressed with the lei, a belt, and an ID tag. I did them all flawlessly-afterall, GD is one of my fave commands!

We ended the class with a little playtime and then headed home. I was one tired little girl!

0 comments: